Saturday, May 3, 2008
Welcome Home Christopher.
It is hard to believe that Christopher's first year of college is behind him. We think he had a great year. He has made many new friends and learned a lot about life. I asked Christopher what he learned about life this year....
1. Relax, chill.
2. Cafeteria food and I do not get along. I actually lost weight this year.
3. Goodwill has many, many interesting items to purchase.
4. Dorm rooms without cell coverage is the "dark ages"!
5. Good friends are the ones who laugh at you in hard times and then you get to to laugh right back them.
6. Aerobics is not a sissy class. The teacher WORKED us OUT!!!
7. Flu in a dorm room, "That's about as bad as it gets!"
8. There's no place like home.
It has been good having our 2nd born back home. The first day after he got home he went out and began applying for summer jobs. He hopes to get two jobs this summer. The second day he was home he cut the grass without being asked. WOW. I think he has matured so much!!! I like this new child of mine. He asked immediately when we could go to the gym to workout. I thought, "Give me a break." I did not want to go to the gym, but how do you tell your child no to a request like that. We have been twice this past week. :) Another thing, he has even helped me in the kitchen. Amazing.
It's good having you home Christopher!