Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Waiting on the Lord

There are times in life that we must "wait" on the Lord. Kynn's mom, Sarah Harris, is very sick and close to the end of her time on this earth. I have asked God, to teach us and comfort us. He has over and over said to me, "Wait on Me." In my view, for Mrs. Harris' sake, the best would be for him to invite her on into her heavenly home. It is His timing, and His plan, not ours. So we will wait upon the Lord. Our strength will be renewed. He says so!!! and we believe!


WAIT . . . AND LISTEN
by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Esther 4:12--17; Isaiah 41:10, 13

During the three days of waiting, there is a "white space" when nothing is happening---at least nothing visible. You could easily tell yourself at the time, "I'm waiting in vain. Nothing's going to change." That's what the adversary wants you to think: "Waiting's a waste." Don't you believe it! When the enemy's message roams into your mind, you need to kick it out. Reject it. Look at another verse in Isaiah, just a few verses after the "eagle" verse.

Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, "Do not fear, I will help you." (Isaiah 41:10, 13)

It's those kinds of thoughts that surely strengthened Esther while she was waiting, praying, and fasting for those three days. Mordecai did the same, as Esther had commanded. But now their roles were reversed. He was no longer in charge; she was. Or, better still, the Lord was. And as the Lord gripped her heart, she became unafraid of what she faced.

This may be one of those "white spaces" in your own life. Maybe it's time for you to pray and fast and to call upon a few close friends to fast and pray with you. Maybe it's time for you to say, "I'm not going to rush into this unpredictable and unprecedented situation. I can't find the path to walk. So I'm going to wait. In the meantime, I'm going to give it to God. I'm going to listen with a sensitive ear and watch the Lord's leading with a sensitive eye."

God counsels us with His eye. The eye makes no sound when it moves. It requires a sensitive, earthly eye to watch the movement of the eye of God---God's directions. All He may do is turn your attention in another direction. But that may be all you need. As you wait, listen. Pore over a favorite passage in His Word. Quietly give attention to His presence, and He gives you direction.


Taken from Charles R. Swindoll, Great Days with the Great Lives (Nashville: W Publishing Group, 2005). Copyright © 2005 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Used by permission.

3 comments:

jennyhope said...

I got your sweet comment and I am so praying for your mother in law I am so sorry. I am going to pray for her right now. Love in Christ
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I read your comment on Jenny's blog....praying for you and your family today. May God give you grace, peace, mercy and rest in Him. Jill

Joel and Kitty said...

Hey Lorie! We are praying for ya'll. We love you so much. xoxo kch blog.joelandkitty.com