Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pride by Beth Moore

Pride
Beth Moore


My name is Pride.
I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny…becauseyou demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment…because you“deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge…because you alreadyknow it all.
I cheat you of healing…because you’retoo full of me to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness…because you refuse toadmit when you’re wrong.
I cheat you of vision…because you’d rather lookin the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of a genuine friendship…becausenobody’s going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love…because real romancedemands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven…because yourefuse to wash another’s feet on earth.
I cheat you of God’s glory…because I convinceyou to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
Untrue.
I’m looking to make a fool of you.God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry…If you stick with meYou’ll never know.