Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Keep Dancing

We have just gotten home from the wedding of Merrick and Jennifer Estes. It was a small, lovely wedding. They were married in the chapel on the campus of USC. The reception was held at the Rockbridge Country Club.

Once all the dancing started, there was a dance for all married couples. During this dance, the couple married the longest would be the last one dancing. They started with couples who had been married less than 3 hours. Of course, it was the bride and groom who left the dance floor. Kynn and I had to leave when they announced 25 years or less. We are 22, almost 23. The grand winning dancers were Merrick's grandparents. They were so precious and have been married 71 years. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I think the key to their long marriage is that they still dance with each other. I wish I had taken my camera to take their picture. Now that is what I call commitment. What an example for all of us married folks.

No comments: