Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a very special day for us. Kynn and I had our very first date 23 years ago on Valentine's Day. We met in the singles department at Shandon Baptist Church and our first date was to a Sunday School Valentine's Banquet.

Kynn gave me a great Valentine's week. My love language is gift giving and he gave me a gift every day last week. He knows how to make me smile. My love bank is overflowing. :)

Sat. morning we just hung out at the house. Marlene and Bobby's granddaughter (Taylor) and a friend (Amelia) came to spend the weekend with them. Jamie and Taylor have been friends as long as we can remember. He headed out to Marlene's to hang out with them. Kynn and I joined them late afternoon for burgers and fun. After supper, Kynn and I sent them to the store and while they were gone we set up a scavenger hunt for them. Valentine's scavenger hunts are a Harris family tradition. Our boys have loved figuring out the clues and finding prizes throughout the years. Taylor and Amelia thought it was pretty fun too. After the hunt, we played cards and ended the night with dancing. That was quite funny. Marlene can really shake a leg. Oh yeah, Kynn gave me some lovely earrings. I gave him a coffee bean grinder. I think I got the better end of the gift giving deal this year. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day too. ( Pictures on the previous post.)

No comments: