I liked this one.
The Ten CommandmentsSome people have trouble with all those 'shall's' and 'shallnot's' in the Ten Commandments.
Folks just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, in middleTennessee they translated the 'King James' into 'JacksonCounty' language.....no joke,(posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro, TN)
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's plain an' simple. Y'all have a nice day.